- This event has passed.
List of 2018 TRWA Activities and Events
January 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
- Volunteer Sampler Training – The last Saturday in February, 2/24/18, Bristol County Agricultural High School Library at 9:45 a.m. Saturday, 2/24/2018 with a bad weather back-up day of the following Saturday, 3/3/2018. Meeting of existing and new volunteer samplers to review sampling procedures and assign sampling locations for the 2018 sampling season (20 sites, almost 30 samplers, samples collected March through November the second Tuesday of each month). Please e-mail TRWA_Staff@verizon.net or call 508-828-1101. Walk-ins also welcome.
- Turtle population assessment of rare turtles – Reports on 2016 and 2017work completed, TRWA has identified areas for potential turtle protection partnership and follow-up study in 2018.
- Culvert Study (2014/2015) Final Report published by Mass Audubon and TRWA available through TRWA and Audubon websites. Results being used to identify the most beneficial culverts for remediation work.
- Herring Festival at Oliver Mill – Saturday April 14, 2018, 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM TRWA educational and membership drive exhibit.
- Bristol Agricultural School Spring Expo – Sunday, May 6, 2018, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM TRWA educational and membership drive exhibit.
- Taunton River Festival to celebrate TRWA’s 30th Anniversary – Sunday, June 10, 2018, 11:00 – 3:00 at Taunton Weir Riverfront Park – entertainment, games, exhibits, food and family fun celebrating the Wild and Scenic Taunton River. Organization tabletop displays, crafters, food vendors, and event sponsors are welcome. Please e-mail TRWA_Staff@verizon.net or call 508-828-1101.
- Annual Overnight Wild and Scenic Canoe/Kayak Trip – Saturday and Sunday, June 9 and 10, 2018 (launch 6/9 from Nemasket River below Oliver Mill and end 6/10 at the New Weir Village Riverfront Park in Taunton across from the Taunton River Festival (optional overnight camp at Titicut Reservation on Beech St. in Bridgewater). Please e-mail TRWA_Staff@verizon.net or call 508-828-1101.
- Angler Education / Family Fishing Day – Sunday, July 15, 2018; Noon – 3:00 PM, Dighton Rock State Park. A family affair where people can learn more about the river and how to enjoy its many benefits. Mass Wildlife provides instruction in fishing techniques, and the day includes seining in the river to identify its inhabitants.
- Annual Watershed Photography Contest. Submission deadline is July 31, 2018. Winners are featured in the Annual Taunton River Tide Calendar printed in September. Visit our website or grab a brochure with more information. – new calendar available on website can pick any month for start date]
- Annually published Taunton River Tide Calendar. Discounted copies are available from September-January call the TRWA office. Print-on-demand copies are available online year round (starting at any month in the year you choose.) Visit our website or grab a brochure with more information.
- Fall Foliage Canoe/Kayak Trip – Saturday, October 13, 2018 (tentative) main stem of Taunton River from canoe launch site across the street from River Bend Condominiums in East Taunton to Weir Riverfront Park in Taunton.
- TRWA Annual Meeting –Saturday, November 3, 2018.
- Opening of New Offices for TRWA – Spring of 2018, TRWA hopes to open new offices and a Taunton River Center at Sweets Knoll State Park, 1387 Somerset Ave, Dighton, MA 02715.