Some Upcoming 2019 TRWA Events
1. Annual Watershed Photography Contest Submission deadline is July 15th. Winners are featured in the Annual Taunton River Tide Calendar printed in September. Go to http://savethetaunton.org/2019/01/01/watershed-photography-contest/or grab a brochure with more information. Print-on-demand copies are available year-round
2. Population assessment of threatened Diamondback Terrapin (turtle) – 2016, 2017, and 2018. TRWA has identified areas for turtle protection partnership and follow-up in 2019. http://savethetaunton.org/our-work/turtle-conservation/
3. Biodiversity Day at Sweets Knoll State Park – Saturday, May 11, 2019, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Join us for a day exploring and documenting the biodiversity of the Sweets Knoll State Park. Local experts will be on hand to identify the species we find. Drop by any time.
4. Canoe and Kayak Trips – TRWA is sponsoring canoe and kayak trips throughout the watershed almost every weekend spring through fall. See our website http://savethetaunton.org/events/ for the next events scheduled.
5. Music in the Grove – Sunday, May 19, 2019, 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM TRWA and the Friends of Boyden will co-sponsor this annual free concert at the scenic Boyden Refuge in Taunton, MA.
6. Taunton River Festival to celebrate the Wild and Scenic Taunton River – Sunday, June 9, 2019, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Taunton Weir Riverfront Park – entertainment, games, exhibits, food and family fun celebrating the Wild and Scenic Taunton River. Organization tabletop displays, crafters, food vendors, and event sponsors are welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-828-1101.
7. Angler Education / Family Fishing Day – Sunday, July 21, 2019, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM at Somerset Village Waterfront Park, Somerset, MA. A family affair where people can learn more about the river and how to enjoy its many benefits. Mass Wildlife provides instruction in fishing techniques. TRWA info on watershed inhabitants.
8. TRWA Annual Meeting – Saturday, November 2, 2019, 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, at Bristol Aggie, free refreshments.
9. TRWA Office and Watershed Education Center – TRWA has opened new offices and a Taunton River Watershed Education Center at Sweets Knoll State Park, 1387 Somerset Ave, Dighton, MA 02715.