- Open to all - amateur or professional!
- Photographs must be taken within the Taunton River Watershed (Scroll down for map) within the last five years and be the sole property of the submitting party.
- Photos should be conservation minded and include at least one of the following:
- Recreational Activities of the TRWA or people enjoying the watershed
- Seasonal Features
- History and Archaeology
Photographs (maximum 5 per photographer) must be submitted in electronic .jpg file format. No film will be accepted.
Send "actual size" images from your phone (Files reduced by social media apps like Facebook or Instagram are too small and will not be accepted.).
If you have photo editing software, please follow these specifications:
- Image size no smaller than 10 x 8 @ 220 ppi or 2200 x 1760 pixels.
- Image resolution of 220dpi or greater. 10 x 8 @ 300dpi is preferable.
- File size must be 1MB or greater.
- Photos must have a width to height ratio (width divided by height) between 1.33 & 1.66.
- Landscape orientation only. NO WATERMARKS.
Deadline for image submission is September 1, 2023.
Towns that are completely within the watershed or almost entirely within the watershed: Abington, Berkley, Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Easton, Halifax, Mansfield, Middleborough, Lakeville, Norton, Taunton, Raynham, West Bridgewater, Whitman
Towns that still have a significant portion of their land area within the Taunton River Watershed, but you should check the map before submitting: Avon, Dighton, Fall River, Foxborough, Freetown, Hanson, Holbrook, Plympton, Sharon, Somerset, Stoughton
Towns with very small portions. Check the map if you are photographing here: Attleboro, Carver, Kingston, Pembroke, Plainville, Swansea, Wrentham
Towns that are listed as being in the watershed, but with very very small areas that drain to the Taunton River. The likelihood you are photographing within the watershed is minimal. Check the map before submitting: Plymouth, Rochester, New Bedford, Rehoboth
Release and License Agreement
Submitting photographers, as a condition of accepting a prize (use of your photograph on one or more of the calendar pages) agree to grant the Taunton River Watershed Alliance, Inc. an irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free worldwide license to reproduce and display the image (or images), credited with your first and last name, in print, on the web and via social media for the sole purpose of promoting this calendar project and future Taunton River Watershed Alliance Calendar Photo contests. All rights remain with the photographer.
I certify that any recognizable people in the image(s) have given their consent to have the images that show them included in the calendar.
I hereby submit the photographic images listed above for consideration in the Taunton River Watershed Alliance’s 2024 Calendar Contest. I certify that I have read and agree to the rules of the contest and understand and agree with the license agreement.