List of 2017 Planned TRWA Activities
January 1, 2017 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
This is a list of 2017 planned TRWA activities or watershed events TRWA participates in.
2017 ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS:
- Volunteer Sampler Training – The last Saturday in February 2017. Saturday, 2/25/2017 (with a bad weather back-up day of the following Saturday, 3/4/2017). Meeting of existing and new volunteer samplers to review sampling procedures and assign sampling locations for the 2017 sampling season (last year 19 sites, 23 samplers, samples collected March through November the second Tuesday of each month). [Training Completed 2/25/2017]
- Two Studies –
- Turtle population assessment of rare turtles – Report on 2016 work accepted, TRWA has received a grant for another study to start in early Spring 2017
- Culvert Study (2014/2015) Final Report to be published by Mass Audubon.
- Bristol Agricultural School Spring Expo – Saturday, May 13, 2017, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, man TRWA educational and membership drive exhibit.
- Music in the Grove – Sunday, May 28, 2017, 2:00 – 5:00 with Michael Higgins sponsored by TRWA and the Friends of Boyden.
- Overnight Canoe/Kayak Trip – Saturday and Sunday, June 10 and 11, 2017 (launch 6/10 from Nemasket River below Oliver Mill and end 6/11 at Weirs Park in Taunton overnight camp at Titicut Reservation on Beech St. in Bridgewater.
- Angler Education / Family Fishing Day – Sunday, July 16, 2017; Noon – 3:00 PM, Dighton Rock State Park. A family affair where people can learn more about the river and how to enjoy its many benefits. Mass Wildlife provides instruction in fishing techniques, and the day includes seining in the river to identify its inhabitants.
- Annual Watershed Photography Contest. Submission deadline is July 15, 2017. Winners are featured in the Annual Taunton River Tide Calendar printed in September. Visit our website or grab a brochure with more information. – new calendar available on website can pick any month for start date]
- Annually published Taunton River Tide Calendar. Discounted copies are available from September-January (or until supplies run out) at the TRWA offices. Print-on-demand copies are available online year round (starting at any month in the year you choose.) Visit our website or grab a brochure with more information.
- Fall Foliage/Archaeology Tour Canoe/Kayak Trip – Sunday, October 15, 2017 (tentative), main stem of Taunton River from River Bend Condominiums in East Taunton to Weirs Park in Taunton.
- TRWA Annual Meeting – To be announced late October or early November 2017